Sunday, January 29, 2012

Needy Father

Content by Sol Rosales

My dad and I have a somewhat strained relationship. He wasn’t around that much when I was a kid, and now he seems to think my sister and I have to help him through his old age. I love him, and I know he loves me, but he is probably the most selfish man I have ever met in my life. My sister and I try to do everything we can to help him, but he still acts like we’re a couple of ingrates. He didn’t have enough money to do it on his own, so my sister went to DirectStarTV.com to get him a satellite dish and service. According to him, the package she got for him wasn’t good enough and she is a bad daughter. I did groceries for him the other day, and because I bought store brand instead of name brand products, he was angry. Sometimes I think he is just trying to manipulate us into thinking we are bad daughters s he can bleed us dry. I am on the verge of telling him that I am just not going to help him at all anymore. I know he needs the help, but if he

2 comments:

Leovi said...

I feel bad situation passes, your father may have mental senetud and not really aware of what he says and to evaluate real situations.

Annesphamily said...

I am going to pray for your family. You are in such a difficult situation. Your dad needs to learn to be grateful for what he has. I can not imagine how exasperated you and your sister are! Blessings to you both!