Thursday, December 29, 2011

Going away for the holidays

Thanks for the guest post by Jo Levy

My parents were thinking about traveling for the holidays. They were using the broadband satellite internet to research different places we could go, how we could get there and what it would cost us for the whole family to go. This would be the first holiday we would do that. I am not sure if I want us to go anywhere or not. I definitely want to travel more. We have not done very much traveling and it would be great to visit some new places, but I do not know if I want to wake up in a hotel on Christmas morning. I know that sounds silly, but there is something about waking up in my bed, running down the hall to my parents room and jumping on their bed to wake them up. My parents think it would be a good way for us to spend some quality time together and get away for a bit. It seems like they never take vacations like some of my friends’ parents do. Maybe it will not be so bad after all. It might be exciting to be somewhere new for a bit and I think it might make my parents pretty happy.

No comments: