Thursday, April 4, 2013

Today is the 8th year since my Dad went to heaven

I missed my Dad so very much. It was 2003 the last time I saw him with my six month old son now ten (10) years old. I visited his grave with my six years old daughter( she never meet her Grandfather) last July of 2012. I even told my little girl about his grandfather.  She has so many questions about him.

 photo MyDad.jpg

I am a Daddy’s girl. I look like my Dad too. I got his skin complexion. I also got his love of music. I got his character of always save your money. My husband told me that our son looks like my Dad as well. I am very happy about it. My son looks more of a Filipino than American. 

I will never ever forget my Dad. He loves to support his family. He will do everything for us. He is a very hard-working man. I am glad that my husband is like that too.  He likes to make and build stuff. He is very creative. He is the best painter I ever known. He is very funny as well. 

I know that my Dad is looking down to us from heaven. He is not here with us physically. I know that I still can feel his presence. The other day I heard his voice. Nobody is around me because it was in the middle of the night. I was sleeping on the floor. I heard somebody is waking me up. I thought it was my husband but nobody there. I remember that my Dad’s death anniversary is approaching. He reminds me that make sure I do not forget.

I called my Mom yesterday night. I told her to visit my Dad’s grave and bring some flowers and candles as well. I will see my Dad’s grave next summer. It has been eight (8) years since you went to heaven. You are always in my hearts forever. I want to say thank you for loving us unconditionally. 

1 comment:

Miraflor said...

Hugs to you my friend. I'm sure your father is happy and proud of you as always being there for your family.