Friday, January 20, 2017

New York State Law increased the hourly rate for workers

I cannot believe that I am working in a nursing home as a housekeeper for almost a year. Time flies so quick when you are having fun, right? 
When I first applied for the part-time job as a housekeeper, my hourly rate is $9.18. Since the first day of the year 2017, New York State Law increased the hourly rate to $9.70. I know that 52 cents is not big enough for others but it is big for me. I am so happy and very excited about the New Year 2017 work wise.

I am very excited too as I am planning to go for a vacation to the Philippines this Christmas. I already asked permission from my supervisor and she granted my request. She is very excited for me and wish that the other Filipina can go with me on our Christmas vacation. She only has one condition that both of us will come back to work. She loves her Filipina girls for sure. I am so blessed to have her as my supervisor. Also working with other Filipina is amazing. 

3 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

That's a great rate for starter job sis, hopefully, the increase will continue as you stay working there for years.

Annemarie LeBlanc said...

Sometimes the pay rate is not that important as long as you love what you're doing. I am happy you found a job you love and a very understanding supervisor too.

Ria C said...

That's a good news sis! Aside from the fact that you love being there, extending your help to your colleagues and patients, the money becomes a positive effect of that. Keep it up and yes, that increase matters. :)